Old Norse Paganism a private social community that is dedicated to Norse Paganism and striving to bring like-minded people together through this website, as well as
through our social networks like Twitter, Youtube, and Pinterest. While we may not have all the bells and whistles of the “Big Networks” like Facebook or Snapchat we are continually adding new features as we can that will allow the members of this site to meet and connect to share in their love for the Norse gods in the Old Norse Paganism Community.
Current Membership Benefits
- FREE 1GB norse.faith email account
- Access To Old Norse Paganism Exclusive Events
- Custom Member Badges for assorted achievements within the community
- Exclusive Access to the Digital Library and all of our PDF E-books.
- Exclusive Access to our Monthly Newsletter full of news, information, a custom printable Norse themed word search, and more.
- Exclusive Access to our E-book Club on the Old Norse Paganism Discord
- Free Educational Blog Posts: learn the histories, myths, ways of the gods as we share stories, legends, and historical information.
- Be a part of a community of likeminded individuals.
- Access to our collection of nordic art, poetry, memes, and more.
- Access to the Old Norse Paganism social network.
- Access to a team of staff with more than 30 years of Norse knowledge and experience.
Plans for the Future
We are always looking for more benefits to offer the members of Old Norse Paganism. If you have an idea you should tell us about it! Send it in an email to Community Services (CS) we’d love to hear about it.
- We are looking to build a Norse Mythology Course online that will allow you to take the classes at your convenience, and offer a certificate of completion when you complete the course.
- Expand our library with new and additional PDF E-books.
- Working towards adding additional features for the members of Old Norse Paganism such as adding a follow feature, real-time updates, private messaging, and many more.
- Additional contests, raffles, and lotteries, with real-world tangible prizes.
- A real-world Bar-B-Que Meetup
As a new member it’s you have no privileges, other than to read the content on the site and use the tools and resources made available to you.
Your primary focus should be to watch and learn. The New Member Role is simply to allow you to get familiar with the website, and the people in the community.
Every new member will remain in this role for a period of 30 days. Think of it as a probationary period. At the end of the 30 days, you will automatically be promoted to Thrall. See the Thrall tab below to see what privileges you gain and how you’re able to help the community.
This is your chance to shine and be a contributing member of this Norse community.
As a Thrall, you are not only able to read the content you can now write content within our blog. We take our content very seriously and ask that you do the same. When you post content you should be certain not to share or post content that would be considered plagiarism or that you blatantly plundered from another source.
All content shared should be original, informative, or educational, that’s not to say that humorous content will not be accepted or approved but that it must be shared tastefully and tactfully.
We would also ask that you don’t just create posts just for the sake of creating posts. All posts should be made with care and to add value to the blog, and our community (website).
Congratulations, you have been a member of the community for a while and have proven your ability to be a contributing member of the community and to have a passion for what it is we are doing here.
Because of your dedication to the community and your ability to share your love for the gods and Norse you have now made it to the ranks of a Moderator or Hersir,
As a Hesir you will be responsible for ensuring law and order within the community. You will also have the ability to moderate all posts and comments made within the blog, to ensure the safety of the community in every way.
- Recruit new members
- Promote the Group and Community
- Moderate posts and comments to ensure value and accuracy
- Lead by example
it is your responsibility to not only ensure the safety of the community and its members but also to ensure that the content and the direction this community is moving are forward in a positive direction at all times.
- Moderating Posts & Comments
- Promoting the community online and with potential donors, and organizations that can and will help to sustain the community.
- Aid in the growth of the community by introducing like-minded individuals to the group and the community.
- Continue the responsibilities of a Moderator.
- Lead by example.
As the Jarl his responsibility to oversee the Norse community as a whole. He is to ensure that the community (Kettikut) is a safe and fun place for all members as well as to provide educational and entertaining content and environment.
He does this by ensuring the safety of this website as well as ensuring its stability.
In the event that you have an issue to bring to the attention of the Jarl, we ask that you follow the chain of command and take it up with a moderator. If you cant come to a resolution with a Hersir (Moderator) then take it to an Hegoti (Administrator) first.
To get a look at the current badges that have been custom designed for our community members go to the Achievements Page.